The Drama Theater of the Northern Fleet, created by Order No. 20 for the Northern Military Flotilla on December 8, 1933 and received professional status on October 29, 1935, is the oldest theater in the Arctic, the first professional theater group on the Kola Peninsula. The first actors were sailors and their wives. During the war years, Veniamin Radomyslensky was the head of the theater. In 1946 the theater moved from Polyarny to Murmansk to the Officers’ House in Rost. In 1987 he received a new building on Kolsky Prospekt. The theater toured many large cities of the USSR, as well as the countries of the Warsaw Pact.