More recently it passed the opening of the Museum of Public company “Murmansk Commercial Sea Port”.
In the history of the Kola Polar Murmansk sea trading port has a special place. With the construction of the port began Murmansk. Creation Museum of the History of the Murmansk Commercial Seaport was timed to the 100th anniversary, and is dictated by the desire to preserve and expand the range of documentary sources that are important for understanding the origin and formation of the oldest businesses in the city, reflecting its current activities and prospects of development.
The museum of history of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port is divided into six sections. By means of the museum exhibition shows the historical development of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port, from the survey works and the construction of piers and ending with the first activity of PJSC “Murmansk sea trading port” at the moment.
Spotlight materials are placed in such a way that each section is devoted to a certain milestone or historical theme. Passing from one stand (cases) to another visitor, as though moved over time – so a feeling of continuity of the history of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port.
The museum exhibition has the following sections:
- Survey work and construction of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port.
- The formation of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port.
- Murmansk sea trading port during the war.
- Restoration and development of the Murmansk Commercial Sea Port.
- JSC “Murmansk sea trading port” at the turn of the century.
- Public Joint Stock Company “Murmansk sea trading port”: these days and new horizons.