St. Nicholas CathedralРоссия, Мурманская область, г. Мурманск, ул. Зелёная, 11
The architectural complex of the Cathedral of St. Nicholas is not old: churches that make up the ensemble, were built between 1986 and 1989. The uniqueness of this place is not in some stunning and brilliant architectural solutions or to use in the construction of any expensive and rare materials. Much more importantly, the main […]
Rude silhouettes of buildings, built of gray bricks and covered with green and blue slopes of roofs and domes as well as possible in harmony with the surrounding cathedral harsh northern nature. It does not see the splendor of the Moscow Fine domes and cathedrals of St. Petersburg, but there’s something special that you can not express in words. For a long time, namely since 1924, when there was finally closed last temple, and until the end of the Second World War the city remained without any single Orthodox Church. In 1946, at the request of the inhabitants of Murmansk and Arkhangelsk, here he was sent to a young priest Vladimir Zhokhov. Thanks to the efforts of priests in a house church was constructed in honor of St. Nicholas, which is in Murmansk, as in any other seaside city, enjoyed a special love of the faithful.After some time, the efforts of community acquired an ordinary house exterior of the temple, and even got a bell tower. Inside there was a real iconostasis. By the end of the 80s of the 20th century it was the only active temple in the city. construction of new and restoration of old churches begins on the decline of the power of the Communists, and in the wake of perestroika sentiments. Here and around the St. Nicholas Church begin construction work. The celebration of the St. Nicholas Cathedral was held in 1986. Over time, there were other buildings – a church in honor of St. Trifon Pechenga, which is considered the educator of the Kola Peninsula, the chapel of the Mother of God “Sporitelnitsa bread”, as well as some administrative and commercial buildings. The complex even has his small farm.
Venerable Church. Trifon Pechenga (ascribed to the St. Nicholas Cathedral).Rector: Archpriest Gennady Buzdugan.
Established priests: monk Trifon (St. Michael), Priest Andrey Vovk, Priest Serge, Archdeacon Nikita (Borisov).
The services are held daily.
Start the morning service – at 9:00, the beginning of confession – at 8:00,
Monday – 7:00
evening service – at 18:00.
Schedule of Services
Temple Open daily from 7:30 to 20:30.
Temple Address: 183010, Murmansk, st. Green, 11
(Bus stops: “Marat Street”).
Abbot Phone: 8 (815-2) 16.08.25,
Chancery: 8 (815-2) 25-52-85,
candle shop: 8-908-607-92-98.