Church of the Annunciation Blessed Virgin MaryМурманская область, г. Кола , пр. Защитников Заполярья, 22
Church of the Annunciation Blessed Virgin Mary in Kola – the first stone building constructed on the Kola earth (1807). First, wood, of the same name church was built near the mouth of the river. Cola, in Russian chronicles in 1532, according to the Norwegian sources, – in 1529 and was intended for Kildinskoye notozerskih Lapps, converts to Orthodoxy Rev. Kola Theodoret. Sanctifies the church monk Elias, sent to Archbishop Makarios of Novgorod Moorman. Ponovlena Pechenga monks relocated to Coke after the defeat of the Swedes in 1589 Trinity monastery in Pechenga. When the wooden church rotted and there was a threat of her fall, the temple was dismantled (according to other sources, the church burned down, like the rest of the Kola-Pechenga Monastery, in 1619). Impoverished by the middle of the XVIII century. Kola-Pechenga monastery could not put a new church, and the place was empty.
The dimensions of the church:. 8,8h10 m at the base, up to roof height of 9.3 meters, the dome with a cross rising above the roof of 10 m belfry height of 21 m was 7 bells. Three of the throne: the central – the Annunciation, the two winter chapel – Aleksievsky and Merciful Savior (later – Nicholas). During the Crimean War in 1854, the English frigate “Miranda” fired Cola and the temple was badly damaged: left without roofs, floors and windows, wall cracks, the 70-pood bell to melt in a fire. The altar survived only an icon of the Iberian Mother of God. In 1866-1868 it restored to the Holy Synod of the funds, which released 8514 rubles. Since the Resurrection Cathedral was destroyed in the shelling of the city, B. c. It became the main temple in the province – the cathedral church. The temple was kept the gospel of the early XVII century. Despite the presence in Kole other churches, Church of the Annunciation marks all the major events of the region. In 1885 Annunciation Cathedral visited the brother of Emperor Alexander III, Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich and accompanied him famous poet Konstantin Sluchevsky. Large sums for the purchase of icons and utensils donated to the Cathedral of St. John of Kronstadt, Kolyanu Ivan Hipagin Apollo Khokhlov and others. The main shrine of the temple was transferred from Trinity Church Cola icon of the Iberian Mother of God (surviving in a fire in 1854, then the renovations, the icon was lost during the Soviet era). In the church over the years we have served the province well-known priest Georgy Terentiev, Alexander Popov, Alexei Shilov Konstantin grinds.
In 1916, in the parish of the cathedral consisted of 114 houses, 619 parishioners – Cola residents. Temple owned acres of land around the church, 19.5 acres on the river. Tuloma (hay) and Tonya semuzhya Pavey. In 1920-ies., In the era of mass closure of churches, the Cathedral of the Annunciation remained in force. 25.11.1931 at the meeting in the Kola fishing collective farm “Awakening”, it was decided to close the church. Although farmers supported by the delegates of the district KomsomoIn 1916, in the parish of the cathedral consisted of 114 houses, 619 parishioners – Cola residents. Temple owned acres of land around the church, 19.5 acres on the river. Tuloma (hay) and Tonya semuzhya Pavey. In 1920-ies., In the era of mass closure of churches, the Cathedral of the Annunciation remained in force. 25.11.1931 at the meeting in the Kola fishing collective farm “Awakening”, it was decided to close the church. Although farmers supported by the delegates of the district Komsomol Conference and District Council of Militant Atheists, the temple could not close. Closed was under false pretenses in 1938 (after the shooting about. Meletieva Constantine).
The building was empty for a long time, destroyed. From 1946 to 1959 there were carried out the service, and then re-closed the temple. Since 1962, in the school building housed shops. In 1968 the church declared a monument of history and culture. In 1984 the building was opened Museum of the Pomeranian life and folk art. In 1992 the church was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church to the status of parish church. In the nave of the church – a wooden worship cross XVII. (According to legend, the cross was raised on the Gulf of Voivod Gury Volintsev gratitude Venerable. Keret Varlaam for his healing).
Subject of cultural heritage of regional significance. Adopted at the state protection decision of the executive committee of the Murmansk Regional Council of People’s Deputies on 5/6/1968 number 29.
Local religious organization Orthodox Parish of the church of the Annunciation of the city of Kola Murmansk and Monchegorsk Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate).
Address: Murmansk region, Kola, etc.. Zaschitnikov Zapoliaryay , 22
Теl.: +7 (815-53) 340-50